Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Delayed Pain

A lovely facet of Fibromyalgia is the delayed pain experience. As you all know on Monday I did my Functional Capacity Evaluation for my LTD insurance company because they don't know what to do with me. Yesterday I was very tired but physically felt okay, not 100% but okay. Well, thinking the worst was over I went to bed thinking that the tiredness would be the worst of it. NOPE! I was very wrong!
I woke up this morning and my lower back, shoulders and hips were screaming in pain and very unhappy with me. UGH! I thought to myself, I forgot about delayed pain! Dagnabbit!
Well, now I should explain what delayed pain is. Delayed pain is what happens to people with Fibromyalgia who exert themselves one day but do not feel the results of the overexhertion until two days or more later!
So now I have to live in pain because of this testing and it is the insurance comapany's fault!!!! Thanks guys!Smilies I just adore feeling like I have the flu and basically feeling like crapola!
Ah! The quirks of Fibromyalgia!