Wednesday, July 12, 2006

How Long-term Disability Insurance Company Can Make Life A Living Hell!

Just yesterday I got a call informing me that I have an appointment with an occupational therapist for a Functional Capacity Evaluation. I call this trying very hard to kick me off long-term disability. I have been collecting since 2002 and this year has been the worst!
Every year, I have to have a review of my status and fill out a form as to how my year has been. This year I thought it would be the same, fill out the form, get my re-up letter back, get a check for the next 12 months. NOT this year!
They have been hounding my doctors for months for information that they have already been asked about. For example, my pain managment doc has had three different psychologists call his office and ask him the same questions and he answers them the same way each time. My regular doc has been called and interviewed just as many times and was even misquoted in a letter that was going to be sent to the insurance company. Luckily he got a copy of the letter before it was sent and made them remove the erroneous information and quote him correctly.
It is quite obvious they are trying to find a way to kick me off my LTD benefits. I mean it has taken them over 6 months to really fight this.
I am on 12 medications daily just to get through each day. I see a therapist once a month, a pain management doc every two weeks for different types of depo-medrol shots from facet injecions to lumbar epidurals to trigger point injections and my GP more often than most people. Not to mention the other doctors I see for various reasons. For me, being ill is a full time job.
Being under the scrutiny of this insurance company is making me panicky and paranoid.Smilies I feel like they have me under surveillance to make sure I do what I have told them. I have to go to get my meds refilled today and I am afraid to go. I am trying to loose weight and have been going to the gym. But now I am afraid to do that in case of the PI that may be watching. I feel like a prisoner in my own home. I am afraid to leave my apartment. It's enough to drive a person insane!Smilies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home