Monday, September 11, 2006

The Anniversary of 9/11

I guess it would be downright silly of me not to mention this date in my blog.

I remember where I was the exact moment I heard. I was at work, in my cube and the woman sitting across from me was listening to Howard Stern (when you didn't have to pay to listen to him!). Suddenly she screams out, a plane has crashed into the WTC. I told her she was kidding and that it was a Howard Stern joke. After many calls from listeners to the show, Howard Stern had to confirm that it was NOT a joke. Majority of the morning was spent in the auditorium watching CNN with the rest of my company until I couldn't take it anymore.
Today is a little funny, the weather is exactly like it was 5 years ago. A brilliant blue sky and a coolish fall-like day. Normally a gorgeous day. Now it just reminds me of 5 years ago.
The down side of this day is the anniversary is all that you will hear on TV. From what I understand Fox News and CNN are going to be rebroadcasting the footage from that day in its original time. Its going to be strange but luckily I don't have either of those channels.
Unfortunately I didn't sleep well last night. It didn't have anything to do with 9/11 but I overdid it this weekend with things to do and I got overtired and then I couldn't get to sleep last night. So today is going to be a rough day all around. Blah!